Monday 6 April 2009

The Call of Chtulhu



I read H.P. Lovecraft's "The Call of Chtulhu" and I was completely blown away...


it's simply amazing. SUBLIME.




That horrific yet beautiful image which is " too much to take" or " what a human being shouldn't see" keeps popping back in my mind.




I have been looking for representations of Lovecraft's description of Cthulhu, but was disappointed by what I found. Most of them are squid - like monsters...nothing sublime or horrifica about them. Here are a couple of exemples:






Very uninpressive, no?
so yes, I was thinking, if anybody is interested in Cthulhu and knows of any better visual interpretation, can you please let me know?
Or I ws also wondering...has anybody tried to draw one?
I haven't, but I will soon I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment