Wednesday 27 May 2009


I was on the tube yesterday, and in front of me there was this woman with her two children.

I could hear her talking, partly to them patly to herself. She kept telling the youngest of the children to stop moving, seat properly, etc...and, with the other, who could have been about 10, she kept talking about school matters, clothes, timetables, and tidying up of bedrooms.

I could see the bored faces of the two boys who were, however, obviuosly so used to their mother's limited choice of discussion that they didn't care anymore.

There seemed to be an acceptance, a state of peace, on their behalf...their expressions seemed to say: " this is the way it is and there isn't much we can do about it, so let's just accept it ".

Instead of making me irritated, as it normally would, this reaction worked on me in a different way: it almost made me want to be like that, to stop fighting and jst get carried away by the flow.

Just stop thinking and accept the future as it comes. That would be so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment